[Lazarus] Proprietary vs Open Source mentality

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Sep 3 09:55:53 CEST 2012

On 09/03/2012 12:35 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>  So if I get hit by a bus tomorrow, tough sh*t to all of you, my work
> will be lost forever. What weird mentality.

I just got hit by a very bad (for me) example for this: "FreeCommander".

Since many Years I use (a legal payed for copy of) TotalCommander
(called WinCommander before), which is a program done with Delphi. I
now  would love to use it in Linux, as I moved most of my activities
there. In fact there is a free clone of TotalCommander called
FreeCommander ( http://www.freecommander.com/index.htm ). AFAIK, same
also is done in Delphi and so it would be rather easy to use Lazarus to
port it to Linux. But seemingly they don't provide the source code :-( .

-Michael