[Lazarus] What is aarre?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Sep 4 12:43:43 CEST 2012

On Tue, 04 Sep 2012 11:20:48 +0100
Graeme Geldenhuys <graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

> On 03/09/12 23:39, Juha Manninen wrote:
> >
> > It is related to a new Lazarus package repository, enabling easy
> > search and installation of packages from there.
>

> Isn't that exactly what fppkg was designed for?

fppkg should be supported. There is already an IDE plugin although it
needs some work.
But fppkg is more like a distribution, that means the packages must have
a valid fpmake file and must be uploaded to it. This implies a few
restrictions on the package layout and dependencies.
There are many third party packages that don't fit into that scheme,
but they do have lpk files. aarre can gather information about those lpk
files. With this information we may find a solution.

Mattias