[Lazarus] Charset in TSdfDataSet

Roberto P. padovani.r at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 09:22:57 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have recently dealt with a CSV file and accents.
I concluded that the TSdfDataSet had no problem with reading the file; I
was using a TMemo to show the strings and to see them correctly I had to
write something like this:

   Memo.Lines.Text := UTF8Encode(SdfDataSet.Fields[0].AsString)

I'm no expert at all, especially about string encoding, so maybe someone
else could better explain what we should with the string format in the
DataSet and in the LCL components, but that should make you work in the
meantime.

  R#