[Lazarus] Function to replace some chars

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Sep 10 11:01:01 CEST 2012

On 09/08/2012 04:39 PM, William Oliveira Ferreira wrote:
> Does somone knows some functions that replaces special chars like ã é
> Ü to it HTML special chars like á ?

If we (as seemingly planned in a Delphi XE compatible way) are going to
have differently encoded strings (such as UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-32,
ANSI-Code xxxx, etc), I think it would be very appropriate to also have
a string type (static type and/or dynamically defined) that provides
this (and more types for even more) encoding Scheme in a compatible way
(with the appropriate auto-conversion if applicable).

But of course this is more am issue to be discussed over in the
fpc-devel list.

-Michael