[Lazarus] range check errors in LCL packages

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Sep 13 10:31:39 CEST 2012

Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> hat am 13. September 2012 um 09:50
geschrieben:
> On 09/12/2012 11:38 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > Add -dDEBUG to the IDE build options.
> That sounds easy, but is it really true ?
>
> I understand that the package files are only compiled when necessary. So
> at least those that are related to a widget type that the IDE itself
> does not run on, are only compiled with the project, even though they
> are not compiled when building the IDE (I suppose that is when the "IDE
> build options" are used), nor seem the compiling of the packages be
> influenced by the project options (as they are not "project source files". )

The IDE build options are available via the IDE macro $(IDEBuildOptions). Many
packages add this to their custom options. These options are always used - no
matter if the package compilation was triggered by the the project or by the
IDE.
If you want to add flags to all packages, even those that are not made for this,
edit your fpc.cfg. That's the purpose of fpc.cfg.

Mattias