[Lazarus] Feature request: Single-file mode

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 07:59:27 CEST 2012

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 1:08 AM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> No lpi, so no compiler options and no packages.

Basically, yes, although compiler options could be saved in the source
as directive.
One of the goals is that "Build single file" from Lazarus to be
exactly equivalent
to "fpc file.pp" from the command line.

> There is already a single file feature under Run / Configure Build+Run file.
That's very interesting, I did not know it.

> At the moment Run simply executes it. It does not use the debugger.
That's definitely bad.

> The compiler options and run parameters are saved as IDE directives in the
> source.
That's definitely good :)

> You can have an arbirary number of such single file programs and they are
> compiled and run with the shortcuts.
What do you mean "with shortcuts"?

> Of course there is room for improvements. For example the project has higher
> precedence. For students a special project might be needed that favors single
> file programs.
Yes, this is what I was talking about, with additional twist that the
students need that
not necessarily because they are unprepared (which cade may be solved,
additionally by your EducationLaz package), but because some kinds of
assignments,
mostly algorithm-oriented, are better suited by a proposed single-file mode.

--
Alexander S. Klenin