[Lazarus] Stable islands: testing stability

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 11:14:36 CEST 2012

Vincent Snijders wrote:
> 2012/9/17 Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com>:
>> MML's post on stable islands has made me think.
>> - Have FPC report not only version but also SVN revision (much like
>> lazarus does in help/about) so that data can be used to pinpoint exactly
>> what version is used if checked out from SVN (e.g. trunk)
>
> This is already available in the compiler, if you use fpc -iW.
>
> You might not see it in the current installers, because they are built
> from svn exported directories, to increase stability in building.

Does that include untagged snapshots?

Are there cases where one or more files associated with a tagged version
aren't in fact "locked down"? For example, if a file being worked on
hasn't yet been committed to svn?

It is possible to look at either the files associated with a tagged
version or the repository and to determine unambiguously what revision
it was created at?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk