[Lazarus] Version info

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Sep 17 19:15:56 CEST 2012

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012, Antonio Fortuny wrote:

> Le 17/09/2012 16:12, Alexsander Rosa a écrit :
>> It works on Linux.
> Indeed. My problem is to obtain the same information for any other file and
> not only for my own one. Again for this I already have some other functions.
>
> what if, the version prgram is vpgm and I do:
> vpgm /folder/progs/anotherprogram
> for which I do not have a handle and is even not loaded.
>
> As the function to get the resources works with the handle, this will not
> work anyway. same for a library which cannot be launched on its own.

? The fileinfo unit distributed with FPC can do it for any file that has resources compiled in.
It's currently only deployed on windows, but I have a modified version that works on any platform.

All it needs is the filename. Note that on non-windows, the file you open
must have FPC-style (i.e. windows style) version info compiled-in.

Michael.