[Lazarus] Version info

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Tue Sep 18 08:55:15 CEST 2012

Le 17/09/2012 16:57, Alexsander Rosa a écrit :
> Do you have control over this other program? When I need this for my own
> software, I usually add a "--version" command line option.
> When called with "--version" the program outputs the version and terminate.
Ok, sounds good. But, again, what I need is the version of another
program or library which cannot be executed, just read.

Let's put it in another way.
As Lazarus seems to glue the version information with the compiled
result (as resource data), how can I retrieve this information from any
other file ?

FPC and Lazarus WiKi do only talk about the compiled target, not how to
extract resource data from other files. Of course, they have to be
compiled with FPC.

Antonio.