[Lazarus] Error: Can not load PostgreSQL Client library"libpq.dll".

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Sep 29 17:17:10 CEST 2012

zeljko wrote:
> On Saturday 29 of September 2012 11:14:58 Ludo Brands wrote:
>
>> LPK.DLL	Language Pack	Microsoft Corporation	5.01.2600.2180
>> MSVCR90.dll	Microsoft® C Runtime Library	Microsoft Corporation
>> 9.00.30729.5570
>> msvcrt.dll	Windows NT CRT DLL	Microsoft Corporation
>> 7.00.2600.2180
>
> I've also found that on some win32 machines libpq.dll cannot be loaded, and
> found that it's because of deps on visual c++ msvcrXXX. dll's , so I've found
> somewhere mingw compiled libpq.dll and it works fine.It's builded by
> postgresdac guys.
> http://www.microolap.com/downloads/postgresdac/deploy/deploy_mingw.zip

Historically, I've used ODBC on Win-32 and sometimes on unix. The
libpq.dll the comes with the ODBC drivers looks as though it's been
compiled with gcc running natively, and there are minimal dependencies.
So it's definitely worth "shopping around", /particularly/ if the
alternative is to use MS runtimes in a VM on top of Linux.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk