[Lazarus] Event generator

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Apr 3 11:10:00 CEST 2013

On Wed, 03 Apr 2013 10:36:48 +0200
Antonio Fortuny <a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu> wrote:

> Bad news.
>
> I have unistalled and re-installed Lazarus again:
> lazarus-1.0.8-0.x86_64.rpm.
> ~/.lazarus removed
> Change some options of the editor to my usual requirements
> Recompile all needes packages.
> Load the project on which I'm currently working.
> Compile, rebuild: OK
> So far so good.

:)

> Add a TButton on main (and only) form
> double-click on it: same error window and error message asking for
> TComponent in LCLClasses.pp tagged as read only (sounds reasonable as
> all files are root owned and "r-x" for group and others.

As they should be when installing an rpm.

> I've done a
> # chown -R sita:users /usr/share/fpcsrc/

You should undo this.
I'm curious. Why do thought that a "can not find unit" error can be
fixed by giving write access? You are not the first doing so. Is there
some misleading error message?

> but nothing changed

You seem to have a very standard setup, except for your extra packages.
What extra packages do you install?

Mattias