[Lazarus] Different "default" value for a property in derivedclass

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Sun Apr 7 02:17:19 CEST 2013

Hi Hans-Peter,

On 2013-04-06 23:03, Sven Barth wrote:
> ones own classes or to build a different GUI toolkit (e.g. in theory
> Graeme could use the streaming for fpGUI as well).

I consciously decided not to use streaming in fpGUI (but in theory I
could have, yes). I do use RTTI in the fpGUI Forms Designer though, to
reduce the amount of Object Pascal code the form designer generates. eg:
For RTTI to work, properties must be Published. I then check those
properties, and see if they are equal to their default values, in which
case I don't generate Object Pascal code.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/