[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0.8 Release

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sun Apr 7 12:55:56 CEST 2013

Il 07/04/2013 12:27, Mattias Gaertner ha scritto:
> On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 12:11:34 +0200
> Giuliano Colla <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
>
>> Il 19/03/2013 10:27, Mattias Gaertner ha scritto:
>>> The Lazarus team is glad to announce the release of Lazarus 1.0.8.
>>>
>>> This is a bug fix release, built with the new fpc 2.6.2. The
>>> previous release 1.0.6 was built with 2.6.0.
>>>
>> Although with the last updates RHEL5.x and CentOs 5.x do claim to
>> support the new compression format, they don't manage to handle those
>> rpm's. I didn't test with Suse 10.x, but I'm afraid that the problem
>> will be there too.
> The rpms were built on CentOS 6.4.
> They work on Fedora 17 and OpenSUSE 12.1.

They work properly on any Fedora at least from 14 up, on RHEL 6.x and
CentOs 6.x.

On RHEL 5.x, CentOs 5.x and Suse Enterprise 10.x they claim an
unresolved dependency from a rpmlib package.
By just rebuilding them with a:

rpmrebuild -npD '_binary_payload w9.bzdio' filename

which changes the compression format to bz2 the dependency disappears,
and they install just fine also in those system. Don't ask me why!

Giuliano