[Lazarus] FPDoc Editor fails on namespace dotted unit names?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 14 11:11:12 CEST 2013

On 14.04.2013 10:31, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> I meant, can you give me the rules for the dotted unit name scopes that
> FPC will implement. Like the "System.Collection.Generics all
> three parts will be a symbol so you can't use them in your code". What
> exactly does that mean?

That you can't have for example have an identifer "Collection" in the
global scope of the interface or implementation section.

> Are there already some documentations,
> examples, fpc test units?

The tests are located in $fpcdir/tests/test and are named tdotunits*.pp.
Though I just notice that besides testing for correct compilation the
tests never seem to check whether the correct identifier is resolved
(e.g. tdotunits2 does never check whether the value is assigned to the
correct variable/field). And two of the tests won't be run at all,
because they don't start with a "t"... *sigh*

You can also take a look at
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE3/en/Using_Namespaces_with_Delphi
but ignore the paragraph about "multi unit namespaces" as this seems to
be related to the old Delphi.NET only.

Regards,
Sven