[Lazarus] FPDoc Editor fails on namespace dotted unit names?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Apr 16 11:04:46 CEST 2013

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 07:05:51PM -0400, Anthony Walter wrote:
> Because in theory you should get code insight when you type
> Identified(dot).

Which theory?

As far as theory goes, I'd say that Code insight usually looks through the
scope stack for matches.  The scope stack is created by the uses statement,
so codeinsight wouldn't work there.

>From a style perspective I also tend to avoid underscores
> in my own identifiers. I reserve underscores for methods you normally
> shouldn't call (_AddRef), or for imported C code (MAX_PATH, type_).

Maybe.

> Also, I am sure you know dotted unit namespaces are an addition to Free
> Pascal. They are familiar to C#/Java people, and probably look better
> (style-wise) to them.

I would be very careful with that, since that also raises other expectations
the limited dotted concept cannot furfill.