[Lazarus] Bored?

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Tue Apr 16 11:06:51 CEST 2013

> I understand, but then I'd be stuck with lots of useless warnings,
> since there is no way to differentiate a real from a false one.
>
> Better no warnings than lots of false warnings.

I don't understand you statement. What false warnings? The test didn't
actually do any checks - so shouldn't be considered a valid test case.

FPCUnit reports: Errors and Failures.
 FPTest reports: Errors, Failures, Warnings and Excluded Tests

The "no test executed" warnings can be toggled on or off at runtime too.
So if you didn't want to see it, you don't have to - but it boggles the
mind why you would want to hide such a test oversight. You can also tell
the framework to promote "no test executed" warnings to test failures.

On a side note:
  Excluded Tests are test that are individually excluded from a test run
for whatever reason. The state is remembered even after you disable and
re-enable a test class, test suite or test project. In console output
they will be marked with an 'x' symbol. In the GUI treeview the test
will have a red X symbol.

Regards,
 - Graeme -