[Lazarus] What is most Lazarus Friendly Linux Distro

Dave Coventry dgcoventry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 15:50:55 CEST 2013

A very interesting thread.

I've been experimenting with ArchLinux, which, while nicely fast and lean,
has several incompatibilities which breaks some software which I use a lot,
mostly because incompatibilities with various python versions doesn't
appear to be resolved. I guess this is partly due to the way in which the
official Pacman repositories are separate from the Arch User Repositories
and the convoluted way in which the packaging software works, especially
for the AUR.

I had been looking for a distro to move my main production machine over to
and away from XUbuntu, precisely because of the issues raised by Graeme and
Mark.

I had looked at Gentoo, but frankly it's a pain to get anything working
properly.

Mind you, at least the Gentoo forums are reasonably patient, unlike the
crabby bunch that rule over the Arch Linux community.

I'll definitely look at Slackware again.