[Lazarus] Fedora 18: problems with package conflicts

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 17:09:29 CEST 2013

I am a little bit further now.

I used rpm to find out why I could not remove audit, and finally I
succeeded in removing it:

[root at localhost lazarus]# rpm -e setroubleshoot-server
setroubleshoot-plugins setroubleshoot
[root at localhost lazarus]# rpm -e audit

install from "apper":
glibc-devel

Next try to build lazarus fails, but we're getting ahead:

Linking ../lazarus
/usr/bin/ld: warning: ../link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgtk-x11-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgdk-x11-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpango-1.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -latk-1.0
lazarus.pp(132,1) Error: Error while linking

install from "apper":
gdk-pixbuf2-devel-2.26.5-1.fc18.i686
gtk2-devel-2.24.16-1.fc18.i686
pango-devel-1.32.3-1.fc18.i686
atk-devel-2.6.0-1.fc18.i686

Next try to build lazarus fails, but we're getting ahead:

Compiling lazarus.pp
Compiling resource ../units/i386-linux/gtk2/lazarus.or
Linking ../lazarus
/usr/bin/ld: warning: ../link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?
/lib/libEGL.so.1: undefined reference to `wl_display_dispatch_queue_pending'
lazarus.pp(132,1) Error: Error while linking
lazarus.pp(132,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted

Googling suggests that this is part of mesa-libwayland-egl, so:

install from "apper":
mesa-libwayland-egl-9.1-3.fc18.i686
mesa-libwayland-egl-devel-9.1-3.fc18.i686
(mesa-libEGL and mesa-libEGL-devel were already installed)

Alas, linking still fails at the same point with the same message.

So, what next?

Bart