[Lazarus] Combobox on Mac doesn't show any items

Jesus Reyes jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx
Thu Apr 18 17:25:26 CEST 2013

--- El jue 18-abr-13, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> escribió:
[...]
> > I think i have found a bug in Carbon widget set with
> comboboxes.
> >
> > After a change from revision 40683 to 40684no items are
> any longer added
> > to a combobox in the carbon widget set. Please see the
> two
> > images, one showing 40683, the other 40684.
> >
> > http://imagebin.org/254480
> > http://imagebin.org/254481
> >
> > Should i create a bug report for this?
>
> Same in all comboboxes of the IDE.
> I reverted the change.
>
> Jesus committed it and tried to fix duplicates. What
> duplicates?
>
> Mattias

Quick reaction, reverting fixes the problem when compiling with FPC 2.6.2 but broke it for FPC trunk.

To not repeat myself please read my note in  http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=24059  I have been a little busy and the fix for carbon was delayed because it seemed to me that it will be a better fix to handle this in LCL package using build macros, defining globally a conditional, HAS_INHERITED_INSERTITEM for example, if fpc version is less than 2.7.1 (it is needed at least for Carbon and Qt (and possible gtk2 too according to issue 0024154)).

If that is not a viable solution, I can fix it the same way than for Qt.

Jesus Reyes A.