[Lazarus] UPDATED: Re: documentation snapshot

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Apr 22 10:00:45 CEST 2013

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 11:11:18PM +0100, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> > This specially affects shortdescriptions, since they need the module to
> > resolve, and is often called with .getmodule as argument.
>
> I know the HTML backend has very different code to the Linear output
> writers (Latex, IPF, RTF etc). I don't have problems with resolving
> links, cross-linking or hierarchy generation in IPF output.

I also don't understand why I constantly find such coarse errors everytime
I dive into fpdoc. As said, I don't understand how Michael managed to
generate the 2.6.2 output (which generally looks fine)

The html output is much richer though than the Latex output (and afaik also
the IPF one the last time I checked).

The above shortdescrs are the texts after links in the see also section btw,
and also used in other places.

> My issue was that fpdoc crashed while I tried to build the LCL docs (all
> output formats). I believe you found the cause - the build_lcl_docs.lpr
> which also iterated over fpmake.pp units. Was this fixed in the Lazarus
> repository?

No. I still had problems later, and worked around it in the backend, by
checking every use of  xxx.interfacesection with assigned() first.