[Lazarus] Can not run in debug mode for WinCe

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 23 22:06:12 CEST 2013

On 23.04.2013 21:54, GREP wrote:
> Felipe
> Thans for your answers.
> I did follow the steps (the "D:\lazarus\mingw\bin\gdb.exe" was a desperate
> attempt after nothing worked).
> The point is  that even when I set D:\gdb\gdb.exe as the debugger
> path   in Tools->Options, and set the shared folder in WM6 to d:\gdb,
> Lazarus
> copies the wince-stub and app.exe to a *root directory in the DEVICE* "gdb',
> *not in the storage card* like the Lazarus 0.9.... I had did.

1. GDB by default assumes that your application will be located at
"\gdb" on the device/emulator. This was never handled by Lazarus in any way.

2. To change the directory you need to follow what is mentioned below
"Some hints" on the wiki page linked by Felipe. You need to add the
following

--eval-command="set remotedirectory \Storage Card\Program Files\My
Program\bin"

(or whatever your directory is called ON THE DEVICE)

to Environment => Options => Debugger => Debugger_Startup_Options (maybe
with only one "-" at the front instead of two)

You might also need to restart GDB for this to work. You can do this by
using Start => Reset Debugger

Regards,
Sven