[Lazarus] FPC 2.6.2 + Thread.Queue?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Apr 24 10:28:06 CEST 2013

On 04/24/2013 01:34 AM, silvioprog wrote:

> In FPC 2.7.1+ you've the Queue method, but it doesn't exists in FPC
> 2.6.2. So, what you uses instead it? The Synchronize method does not
> works in this case.
>
> I'm implementing a small unit with some interfaces to use of sockets
> with TCP/IP protocol easily, and I need to set compatibility with
> stable FPC too. The temporary repository of it is:
> https://bitbucket.org/silvioprog/tcpipcomp

I am very happy that the Delphi compatible and platform independent
TThread.Queue() finally is supported by fpc/Lazarus.

OTOH since a long time we do have QueueAsyncCall() which does the same
job, is more versatile (as it can pass parameters)m is platform
independent (but does not exist in Delphi).

-Michael