[Lazarus] GetAllFilesMask / AllFilesMask

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 20:04:00 CEST 2013

On 4/29/13, Jürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann at gmx.de> wrote:

> So (int the context of the bug report) the programmer has no chance to do it
> right and all his knowledge about OS filter masks is of no use because an
> intermedate routine silently changes his mask? This is more than strange.
> What is the reason for doing this?

Not exactly.
User supplies SomeMask
FileSearcher does FF/FN with AllFilesMask and filters output with SomeMask.
It currently is the only way to do a filesearch with multiple masks
('*.jpg;*.png;*.bmp').

It fails in some conditions because of the workings on TMask.Matches.

It can be partially fixed by altering the supplied mask, but it still
fails in borderline conditions like 'foo*.'

It can only be "really" fixed if we have a different Matches function.
But even then, the results may differ across Windows versions (as
explained earlier).

For the time being I suggest implementing the partial fix and discuss
if we want/need a Matches function that behaves the same as "Dir" (and
FF/FN) does.

Bart