[Lazarus] TMemo flicker

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Tue Apr 30 07:19:40 CEST 2013

Am 2013-04-29 21:04, schrieb Howard Page-Clark:
> On 29/04/13 5:47, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
>>
>> Am 2013-04-29 18:38, schrieb K. P.:
>>> Have you tried wrapping your writes in
>>> memo1.Lines.BeginUpdate and memo1.Lines.BeginUpdate?
>>>
>> I have tried it now but it doesn't change anything.
>
> In addition to wrapping the writes within BeginUpdate/EndUpdate simply remove the Application.ProcessMessages call that is repeated within your loop. It is completely unnecessary and serves only to produce the flicker.
This is not true. I added this only later to be able to exit from the program within the loop. It does *not* change anything regarding flicker. Also Begin/endUpdate does not change it. These would only apply if I do *massive* changes and I only want to make the result visible. But I only change one single line (the last one) and it already flickers.