[Lazarus] TMemo flicker

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Tue Apr 30 18:41:25 CEST 2013

Am 2013-04-30 16:47, schrieb Flávio Etrusco:
 > José is indeed right. BeginUpdate fixes the back-and-forth scrolling
 > in Windows.

Yes, I now see this too. In my first quick test in a hurry I surrounded the wrong code line with Begin/EndUpdaste. ;-(
I must admit that I did not pay very much attention because as I said I was in a hurry and I also did not expect any change so my expectations were complied. ;-)

 > Not sure whether I should take back my previous comment or just say this is unexpected ;-)

Yes, I also didn't expect this change because I only had a single (atomic) assignment. If the assignment leads to multiple commands internally I would have expected that the Begin/EndUpdate would also be applied internally.

 > On a side note, for displaying immediate changes in a control I'd
 > argue that "MyControl.Update()" is the correct thing to do (instead of
 > ProcessMessage).

I only added ProcessMessages because I wanted to be able to close my program within the loop. It was not for updating anything.