[Lazarus] XanaNews port to Lazarus

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Thu Aug 1 00:55:15 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 2013-03-05 20:07, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Anyway, I am thinking of starting such a project. But to save time, I
> might try and port XanaNews to Lazarus. Has this been done already, or
> has somebody started work on this that I could contribute to?

This is just a quick follow-up on this topic. It was reported that the
official XanaNews repository and domain has vanished. The domain name
doesn't resolve for some time already. Luckily I cloned the full history
of the original repository back in March. Commit history was very slow,
so I am pretty sure what I have is still the latest code. Last commit
recorded was r373 (dated 2012-12-30).

Anyway, I made XanaNews available on Github, so it will not be lost
again. Contributions are welcome - just send me a pull request.

My plan for XanaNews is to port it to Lazarus so everybody can enjoy a
descent GUI NNTP client. Not 100% sure when I'll start this, but first
things first.... make the code available in a reliable location, then
study the code.

You can find XanaNews source code at:

  https://github.com/graemeg/xananews

Github also allows you to download a ZIP archive of the latest code in
each branch.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/