[Lazarus] TTreeView, string and SIGSEGV

Xiangrong Fang xrfang at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 17:13:31 CEST 2013

Hi All,

I encountered a strange SIGSEGV with the attached program.  To reproduce
the problem:

1) compile and run it.
2) select "Node #2"
3) click "Test" button, it will insert a node before the selected Node
4) close the program

There will be a SIGSEGV at the end of OnDestroy method.

This problem is reproducible under Linux amd64 and Wine and Win7 (32bit). A
strange thing is that on Linux or Wine, this error only occur on Node #1
and Node #2, but on Windows, it only occur on Node #2 and Node #3.

Also, if you swap either of the 2 commented statements, this error is gone.

I suspect this is caused by the AnsiString manager.  Could anyone explain
why, or is this a bug?

Thanks a lot.