[Lazarus] Cross compiler

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Thu Aug 1 09:56:22 CEST 2013

Le 31/07/2013 18:02, Sven Barth a écrit :

> Compiling from Win64 to Win32 using a *cross compiler* is not
> supported. It's not only not supported, it's even disallowed in the
> makefiles...
Hum. I have a *Win7 x64* with Lazarus 1.0.10 installed ready for cross
compilation for
Win64
Win32
WinCE
and  it works. What did I do ?

Install process

Install fpc-2.6.2.i386-win32.exe
     - C:\fpc\2.6.2
     - full install
     - do not associate.pp, .inc etc

Install fpc-2.6.2.arm-wince.exe
     - C:\fpc\2.6.2
     - fpc folder exists: OK
     - full install
     - do not associate.pp, .inc etc

Install fpc-2.6.2.x86_64-win64.exe
     - C:\fpc\2.6.2
     - fpc folder exists: OK
     - full install
     - do not associate.pp, .inc etc

Download fpc 2.6.2 sources (fpcbuild-2.6.2.zip), decompress and move into
     C:\fpc\2.6.2\source

Install Lazarus lazarus-1.0.10-fpc-2.6.2-win64.exe as usual
     - C:\Lazarus
     - full install

LaunchLazarus
     - adapt fpc compiler and fpc sources paths on first launch screen
     - config IDE to your needs
     - rename or delete C:\Lazarus\fpc as it bacame useless

Recompile packages and projects as needed
I've made a very little test program (main form, a close button) and it
works on the three platforms
To be fully honest I've not yet tried to build complex projects. But
I'll do it and let you know wkat happens

Antonio.