[Lazarus] SSH

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Aug 1 09:58:34 CEST 2013

On 08/01/2013 07:48 AM, Richard Mace wrote:
> I am needing to add the ability to my Lazarus application to copy
> files to a linux server.
> Assuming that my application will be run on Windows, what's the best
> way of copying files to and from a Linux box?
Ignoring  the Subject I's just recommend a file sharing protocol such as
CIFS.

But if you need to use SSH, I do know how this might work (i.e. you need
to start (e.g.) "cp" on the target via SSH), but I don't know any pascal
code that uses SSH.

> I've heard that the pgp command in putty might work, but I was just
> wondering if there was a component for Lazarus that would make things
> easier?

Putty in fact can do ssh. AFAIK, ssh uses pgp as it's encryption algorithm.

-Michael