[Lazarus] SSH

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 10:04:18 CEST 2013

On 01/08/2013 09:58, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 08/01/2013 07:48 AM, Richard Mace wrote:
>> I am needing to add the ability to my Lazarus application to copy
>> files to a linux server.
>> Assuming that my application will be run on Windows, what's the best
>> way of copying files to and from a Linux box?
> Ignoring  the Subject I's just recommend a file sharing protocol such as
> CIFS.
Why? SSH/SCP works much better/more securely if accessing servers across
the internet. No need to mess with VPNs etc.

> But if you need to use SSH, I do know how this might work (i.e. you need
> to start (e.g.) "cp" on the target via SSH), but I don't know any pascal
> code that uses SSH.
Wiki:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/synapse#SSH.2FTelnet_client_sample_program

>> I've heard that the pgp command in putty might work, but I was just
>> wondering if there was a component for Lazarus that would make things
>> easier?
>>
> Putty in fact can do ssh. AFAIK, ssh uses pgp as it's encryption algorithm.
No.
SSH uses algorithms like DES, 3DES, AES for encryption. I strongly
suspect they don't use the same algorithms as pgp for authentication/key
exchange.

What Richard perhaps meant is the pageant utility included with Putty.