[Lazarus] SSH

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Thu Aug 1 10:15:33 CEST 2013

Le 01/08/2013 09:58, Michael Schnell a écrit :
> On 08/01/2013 07:48 AM, Richard Mace wrote:
>> I am needing to add the ability to my Lazarus application to copy
>> files to a linux server.
>> Assuming that my application will be run on Windows, what's the best
>> way of copying files to and from a Linux box?
> Ignoring  the Subject I's just recommend a file sharing protocol such
> as CIFS.
I agree with Michael. On one hand you can configure a SaMBa server in
the Linux box which then can be accessed like any other windows machine
using the UNC naming syntax.
On the other hand  you can use an SSH compliant component anyway. Like
Indy 10 that I use since a few years. It compiles and runs under Lazarus
(some minor changes are needed though for a successful compilation).
This method is a little bit more difficult to implement and quite tricky
but it works.
I use the traditional pair login/password for identification. The SSH
Indy component and the Linux box manage themselves the SSH encrytion
protocol

Antonio.