[Lazarus] SSH

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Aug 1 10:45:04 CEST 2013

Reinier Olislagers wrote:

>> Ignoring  the Subject I's just recommend a file sharing protocol such as
>> CIFS.
> Why? SSH/SCP works much better/more securely if accessing servers across
> the internet. No need to mess with VPNs etc.
>
>> But if you need to use SSH, I do know how this might work (i.e. you need
>> to start (e.g.) "cp" on the target via SSH), but I don't know any pascal
>> code that uses SSH.
> Wiki:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/synapse#SSH.2FTelnet_client_sample_program

An important point about SSH is that it separates authentication (i.e.
password submission, certificate checking etc.) from normal traffic. So
leaving aside the desirability of not passing passwords around "in
clear", there's no longer any need for the client to parse a login
prompt from the server, and to some extent the client can retain a
password once entered and use it for multiple sessions.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk