[Lazarus] TSQLTransaction.Action property not implemented

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Aug 7 10:49:58 CEST 2013

On Wed, 7 Aug 2013, Chris Crori wrote:

> Hi guys,
>     i was under the impression that the “Action” property had a value in TSQLTransaction component...
> correct me if i am wrong but in testing i did and in code (sqldb.pp) i saw that it doesn’t matter the value i put in the property, the default action when a transaction closes is rollback.
>
> And now the question part
>     a) am i right?

Yes.

>     b) is this a todo?

No, it is already done in trunk.

>     c) is there a timeline?

It is done.

In SQLDB, it is better to call explicitly Commit, Rollback or RollBackRetaining.
It may require a typecast:

(Q.Transaction as TSQLTransaction).Commit;

Unless you have the transaction object declared somewhere, in which case you don't need the typecast.

Michael.