[Lazarus] Freetype-6.dll not found

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri Aug 9 05:09:01 CEST 2013

On 8/8/2013 07:11, Timothy Groves wrote:
> On 13-08-07 03:03 PM, waldo kitty wrote:
>>
>> possibly that but the different name probably was more of the culprit... you
>> didn't say that you had renamed it in the dll path, though... but then, what
>> else would break if it was renamed? as i suggested before, i think you need,
>> in code, to determine what OS you are running on and then attempt to load the
>> dll with the proper name for that OS... apparently it has one name on *nix and
>> another on winwhatever ;)
>>
> But I did not have to rename zlib1, though I did have to copy it into thew same
> directory as my executable.

but that wasn't your problem file, was it...

> Aside from which, I don't need to load a DLL in Linux at all, but an .so file,
> and the compiler handles that for me.

.so == .dll for the most part...

but i was pointing to the fact that one is apparently named

   freetype-6

and the other is named

   freetype6

that's the specific part i was speaking of... unless the package you downloaded
for winwhatever is broken by not using the proper name with the '-' in it... you
did rename freetype6.dll to freetype-6.dll and it worked... you should test that
it works with the properly named dll (with that zlib dll too) in the dll search
path... if it works there, they you problem is/was specifically the missing '-'
in the freetype dll name...