[Lazarus] Timing of all compiler options on slow machines

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 20 15:27:02 CEST 2013

Am 20.08.2013 15:14 schrieb "Juha Manninen" <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com>:
> In waldo kitty's faster machine it took much longer. It means its
> Windows is badly screwed somehow.

Windows executable startup *is* much slower than on Linux, because
especially the Win32 subsystem is doing quite some house keeping with IPC,
etc. there. I'm still looking forward to somewhen test the compiler on
NativeNT which does not have that overhead :)

> Why programs are still slow? Why, oh why?

Because programmers don't try to optimize for speed anymore since you just
need to buy faster hardware to make the program run faster :/

Regards,
Sven