[Lazarus] TPairSplitter, Callback when splitter moved

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sun Aug 25 12:52:40 CEST 2013

Am 2013-08-25 12:35, schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
 >> At least an event for the splitter move would be needed.
 > What's wrong with OnMoved?

There is no "OnMoved" in TPairSplitter (at least I can't find one).
It would require to have a control for the splitter object too (which does not exist either).

 > It does not hurt much. The laz devels try to avoid breaking
 > compatibility without good reason. But since new widgetsets will not
 > support it it is marked as deprecated.

That means that I need to switch to TSplitter some day anyway,
if new WidgetSets are not supported anymore.

 >> I thought that internally it is built with TSplitter anyway,
 >> so why is it a problem on certain WidgetSets?
 >
 > That's the reason. It is not implemented with TSplitter, but every
 > widgetset has to implement it.

Well, if I look into the code there are lots of TSplitter controls used in TPairSplitter.
To me it looks that it's all based on TSplitter.
Though I don't know all the details...