[Lazarus] SynEdit Development Status

Fabrício Srdic fabricio.srdic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 00:33:21 CEST 2013

Thanks for the reply!

My name is Fabrício, i am a certified delphi programmer. I'm using Delphi
for over the last five years.

I'm Brazilian (thus, sorry if my English speaking is not good =)).

I'm would like to use Lazarus to build my own projects and i would like to
contribute to the community too.

I'm new to the Linux platform, but i'm still using Windows in my work.

I have noticed that doesn't exists a powerfull text editor - like Notepad++
- which I could use the same editor on both Windows and Linux.

I still prefer a text editors like Notepad++ - so, Gnu Emacs and Vi doesn't
work for me.

In Linux we have KEdit, but it's not avaliable on Windows platform. JEdit
is powerfull but it's Java-based, thus launches slowly...GEdit has fewer
features than the others.

So, initially, I'm planning to join the existing LazEdit project and help
to improve it. This also may be an opportunity for me to contribute to the
Lazarus project, learning about the SynEdit and helping to maintain this
component that is part of the Lazarus IDE today.

Regards