[Lazarus] Pointer type handling

Leonardo M. Ramé l.rame at griensu.com
Mon Dec 9 16:06:14 CET 2013

Hi, I'm passing a pointer buffer as void * to a C library that returns
Uint8 or Uint16 (and signed types).

If I explicitly declare the buffer as PByte, PWord, etc. I get exactly
what I need, but, I would like to work with an abstract type (for
example Pointer) and cast it depending on a flag returned by the
library.

If I pass a Pointer (instead of a PWord or PByte) and cast it to PWord,
for example. I get the same result if I have passed a PByte.

How can I handle a situation like this without explicitly define each
type?.

Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com