[Lazarus] Changing tempdir via startup parameters

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Dec 2 18:12:49 CET 2013

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 14:29:37 -0200
William Oliveira Ferreira <bdexterholland at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I can use --pcp=blablabla to make lazarus use a different config file, but,
> i wanna change a special setting: 'Temp Dir'. Is it possible?

The IDE uses the TEMP environment variable by default for the test
directory. So you can set the environment variable.
Or you can set the Test directory to "$ENV(LAZTEMP)" without the
quotes and then set the LAZTEMP environment variable.
For example under Unix with bash:

export LAZTEMP=~/tmp && ./lazarus

> I wanna install Lazarus on a PenDrive and develop on any windows machine i
> plug it and i don't wanna use my pendrive as tempdir..

Mattias