[Lazarus] The future of desktop

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 4 21:43:40 CET 2013

On 04.12.2013 21:31, Avishai wrote:
> The guys that started Lazarus had a base to start from.  They didn't
> start from scratch.  They already had the basic code to do a lot of
> things and it worked.  But it only worked for LeftToRight.

They *did* start from scratch, because there was *no* code to achieve
what Lazarus has done: implement a clone of the VCL in a platform
independant way.

> If Lazarus could address even a few of the major issues, I think it
> would become the dominant programming tool of the Middle East. I thing
> that's significant.

I know it sounds harsh, but: patches are accepted. In Open Source one
mostly investigates in problems that oneself is interested in. Afterall
most developers are working on such projects in their free time. So if
you want something implemented then either implement it yourself or find
someone else to implement it for you (e.g. by putting up a bounty or by
finding some kind soul that would implement it).

Regards,
Sven