[Lazarus] Lazarus Webpage

Danny Weldon danny.weldon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 12:24:12 CET 2013

> Ok, sorry, now I have read the original post.

Sorry if I caused confusion.  I agree that the main page
should stay clean.  So on the whyuse page, perhaps you
could add a link with the text:

Advantages of Free Pascal

which links to here:

  http://www.freepascal.org/advantage.var

Maybe also something similar on the features page.

There's some more info here as well:

  http://wiki.freepascal.org/Press_Kit

It's a start, however, those pages still doesn't list what
modern programming features Free Pascal has such as:

(Please correct me if I am wrong, I quickly hacked this together)

Closures (Anonymous functions) See http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=24481
Generics
Associative Arrays     Use TStringHashList
Enumerated Types       YES
Built in Strings       YES

Inheritance single/multiple
Foreach                YES For i in ...
Proper Array Support   YES
Array bounds checking  YES
Array slicing          Partial?

Nested functions       YES
Interfaces
Properties
Exception handling
try catch finally
Support C Types       ??

More?

Not sure if this should be on the Lazarus site
or Free Pascal, but it needs to be easy to find
for newcomers.  ie. a link from whyuse, etc.