[Lazarus] Is this bug? in debug mode

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Dec 10 15:35:55 CET 2013

     Which OS? 32 or 64 bit?

On 10/12/2013 12:44, FreeMan wrote:
> In debug, I move mouse for look for value of classproperty (any) I get
> this error.
> Tmem_Stream = Tmemory_Stream;
> Tmem_Stream.Position  error popups. not only this class or this
> property. Excecially variable defined diffrent unit.

About properties:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#Properties

However the below in NOT related to this.

This is a bug in GDB. Though there may (on may not) be an additional bug
in either fpc, or the linker, leading to invalid debug info.
Try stabs versus dwarf. This may help. Though stabs have some extra
limits. (see link above)

GDB 5.9/ 6.0 and 6.1 (not yet tested 6.2 but likely too) are
particularly unstable according to my tests. So you should use an
earlier one.

Note: trying to show resourcestrings is one known condition that will
crash a lot of gdb versions.