[Lazarus] Lazarus directives

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Mon Dec 16 20:01:11 CET 2013

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 19:05:49 +0100
Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> Deprecation and removal is 'discouraging'.
I always feel encouraged to use new features/syntax/we and discouraged to use the old if I know that the old will stop working.
If you favor 'modern encouragement':
Advertise with 'Shiny, new, todo 2.0' or 'todo: is dead, long live %todo' or 'More %todo than ever' on the main page.
Write a blog post about it, inform the masses how great the new '%todo' is and make a youtube video about it.
But I think deprecation and removal are good enough to encourage people.

> And what would be the reason to remove "todo:"?
Changed syntax to make it consistent with other directives?
Old code should not be affected as the old todos should be done by the time of change. ;)

R.

Disclaimer: I don't favor any one of the todos over the other. You asked how to encourage usage and that's how I would do it.