[Lazarus] Jedi Code Format barfs on an Octal number

Frederic Da Vitoria davitofrg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 10:14:18 CET 2013

2013/12/17 Jürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann at gmx.de>

> Am 2013-12-17 02:42, schrieb waldo kitty:
>
>  yes, but it is not available in TP/BP and (IIRC) Delphi...
>>

> I am wondering why octal numbers are not allowed in these modes.
> Why not allow them in all modes?
> I can't see how this would cause problems.
> It would only avoid them.

Maybe because these modes could be used to ensure that the developer is
able to switch back to TP/BP or Delphi. If these modes accepted features
which TP/BP or Delphi don't understand, switching back would become
difficult. Or you could create a source file which you want to be
compatible with FPC and with TP. If you use octal, it won't work.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org