[Lazarus] Debbugger got permanently stuck

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Dec 18 17:15:17 CET 2013

On 18/12/2013 16:04, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Martin Frb <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
>> OS?
> Windows 64 bits, but Lazarus compiled to 32-bits.
In that case, using the 32 bit gdb or 64 bit gdb ?

>> 1) smart linking. Open the breakpoint window (from menu / view / debug) and
>> clear the breakpoint, that is not in code.
> Ummm, I'm pretty sure that this code cannot be optimized-out.

Is smart linking disabled in the options?

Please also try using the external linker -Xe

It looks like the debug info is not probably relocated (should be done
by the linker)

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#Log_info_for_debug_session