[Lazarus] Ubuntu 14.04 LTS - Any plans to include 1.0.x on it?

Alexsander Rosa alexsander.rosa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 18:25:09 CET 2013

2013/12/25 Graeme Geldenhuys <graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk>

> On 2013-12-23 13:02, Alexsander Rosa wrote:
> > Every time I need to install Lazarus on Windows I envy the ease of
> > installation.
>
> Learn to install from source (repository) - it always works, and on any
> system.

My problem is the cross-compiling: we publish 32-bit versions of the
software.
On Windows you can easily install the 32-bit version on a 64-bit machine.
On Linux the 32-bit .debs can't be installed on a 64-bit machine (binutils).
Using the source code I managed to compile and run a 32-bit Lazarus on
Linux.
However our software failed to compile: "undefined symbol" errors on
linking.
I could not dig on that, it was easier and faster to install a 32-bit Linux
VM...

--
Atenciosamente,
Alexsander da Rosa