[Lazarus] Beyond Compare 4 built with Lazarus 1.2

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 31 15:25:03 CET 2013

Am 31.12.2013 15:18 schrieb "Craig Peterson" <craig at scootersoftware.com>:

> On Dec 31, 2013, at 3:19 AM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>
wrote:
> > First find a ThousandSeparator and DecimalSeparator that would actually
need this.
> > Then we'll see.
>
> Several locales on OS X use U+00A0 no-break space as a thousands
separator, which is $C2$A0 in UTF-8, so it doesn't fit in a single
AnsiChar.  We had to add a lossy conversion to $20 to preserve the
appearance, if not the semantics, of it.  There was a thread on the
Mac-pascal mailing list a few months back about it.

As Michael wrote the locale specific constants will become UnicodeChar (2
Byte UTF-16) thus the U+00A0 will fit nicely there. The only problems would
arise if such a constant would need to be composed of multiple UnicodeChars
(codepoints?).

Regards,
Sven