[Lazarus] Project Options dialog

Howard Page-Clark hdpc at talktalk.net
Sat Feb 2 21:31:26 CET 2013

This is a suggestion for improving the Project Options UI.

The Application (settings) page now sports several platform-specific
options.
I think it would be better to group these by platform, and have the list
of settings identified by platform. Something like:

Cross-platform settings
-----------------------
Title: ...
Icon: ...

Darwin application settings
---------------------------
[ ] Use Application Bundle for running and debugging
      [Create Application Bundle (button)]

Windows application settings
[ ] Use an external manifest to enable themes (XP and above)
[ ] Enable DPI awareness (Vista and above)
[ ] Enable UI access via manifest (uiAccess=True)
Execution level [dropdown combo]

It would also help if some knowledgeable developer could add a few
sentences in the wiki to document the newer platform-specific options. I
know just enough to be dangerous if I wrote about them.