[Lazarus] IDE window positions

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 10:14:21 CET 2013

Sounds like this bug:

although you apparently hit the bug much more often than others.
For example I see it only once in few months yet I start Lazarus often.
It means that you are the only person who can debug the problem. :)

I am thinking what can cause the randomness. There are no asynchronous
messages, no threading, no complex widgetset interaction when setting
the window positions.
It is done in Lazarus code. Values are read from a config file and
windows and given positions.
Ok, there is widgetset interaction but this one is simple and well tested.

Uninitialized variable is my biggest suspect. Where it is, I have no idea.

Juha