[Lazarus] IDE window positions

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 10:47:45 CET 2013

On 2013-02-02 09:25, zeljko wrote:

> Actually, pager minimizes windows when you switch desktops , thats how virtual
> desktops works on X11.

No, not always true as far as I know. Maybe it is dependent on the
window manager or virtual desktop applet. eg: Take the FVWM2 window
manager. You can drag your "active screen area" to the centre of a 2x2
virtual desktop grid, and see windows of all four virtual desktops.

Windows on the other hand secretly position windows with a huge negative
coordinate when you minimize them. In fpGUI I once had a "restore
window" issue, and discovered this. X11 behaved differently -
coordinates never changed for hidden windows.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/